Sunday, September 17, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 9-17 to 9-23, 2023

 

Before this week ends, fall will be here!  The weather today couldn't have been more perfect.  I just love this time of year - summer is my favorite, I love to be warm.  And to be able to just hop in the car with what you have on, and not have to find a coat, scarf, mittens, boots, etc.  But, when fall hits, I just love it!  The air smells different, the breezes are different, sitting on my porch swing gives me a whole different perspective.  I think I just like the changes every few months!  Luckily, here in Indiana, there's LOTS of changes all the time!

Last week's menu went over really well.  I tried a lot of new recipes, and almost all of them were keepers.  I love when that happens!  This week, I don't have as many new recipes to try, and that's okay.  It's nice to have a busy week, and then a not-so-busy-in-the-kitchen week.  Gives me time to sew!

Speaking of sewing, here's what I finished up this week:

A table runner for the shelves in my foyer:




And a little Halloween treat bag for one of the littles I know:


This week, I hope to finish another bag, and maybe make progress on another table topper.  We'll see what happens this week!

Here is what I came up with for our menu plan this week.  Links and notes are below.


Notes and Links:

Sunday:
Maple Sausage Lentil Soup is from Haute Flavor - I'm not a huge fan of lentil soup, but this one I love!  The flavors are just so good together!  Be sure to use Maple Sausage - I use either Tennessee Pride or Bob Evans.  The first time I made it, I thought my husband wouldn't eat it, but he went back for a big second helping.  It is just delicious!

Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake is from King Arthur Flour - it is quite easy, since it uses a cake mix.  They are a little pricey, but sometimes I just like quick and easy!

Tuesday:
Seafood Pasta Salad is from Food.com - it needs adapting to make it gluten free.  I use gluten free bowtie noodles I get at Wal Mart, and I buy imitation crabmeat from Sams Club because it is gluten free.  Sometimes, I think the ones from Aldi, contain wheat.  Check the package!  I've made this one a lot this summer, it's delicious.

Wednesday:
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal is from All Recipes - again, it needs adapted to be gluten free.  Use gluten free rolled oats, I use Quaker or Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats.  I also use dairy free butter and oat milk.  It still turns out delicious!  I don't even tell my husband, and he just eats it up and loves it!

Gluten Free Apple Cake is from Mama Shire - tastes like fall!  I usually put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on my husband's serving.

Thursday:
Baked Crunchy Hot Honey Chicken is from Half-Baked Harvest - this one is new to me.  I have heard lots of good things about hot honey pizza, so I thought I'd give this chicken a try.  I hope it's not too spicy for me!

Friday:
Gluten Free Apple Crumb Coffee Cake is from The Heritage Cook - I know, another apple cake.  But this one's for breakfast!  Coffee cakes are my thing!  I could eat them every day!  And I look like I do! 😋

Saturday:
Crockpot Gluten Free Beef Stew is from My Gluten-Free Kitchen - I make this a lot during the winter.  I love getting it all prepped in the morning, it frees up my whole day!  I love slow cookers!  And Instant Pots! And Air Fryers!

Gluten Free Pumpkin Dump Cake is from Fearless Dining  - another cake that starts with a mix!  I love these kinds of recipes!  It's easy to make and so yummy!  I don't think I'm rushing pumpkin season, do you?  I tried to keep it to apples, but I couldn't resist this one!



So there you have it!  Another week of meals!  Take care, y'all enjoy waving good-bye to summer and hello to fall!  See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Fall (almost). That table runner is too cute. Love it! (Found your post via The Unlimted Linky from Grammys Grid.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Stephanie! I appreciate your kind words. I loved making it, and it was a quick and easy finish. Happy Fall to you, too! I hope you come back soon!

      Delete
  2. I love the table runner! So pretty. The meal plan makes me want to curl up under a blanket. Yum! Visiting from Grammy's Grid Unlimited Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope to have at least another bag done this week, and am working on another runner. I so appreciate your comment! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I love summer too but when the air turns crisp and all the leaves start to turn colors I do love that too! Your table runner is beautiful and your meal plan sounds delicious. I love when I try new recipes and they're a hit with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joanne! I'm glad you liked the table runner. It sounds like you're a great cook! Please come back and visit again soon, I really appreciate your comment. It's nice to know there are such nice people looking at my blog!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete