Sunday, October 22, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 10-22 to 10-28, 2023

 

Hello there!
Another week has flown by, and it's getting closer to November and the holidays!  Unbelievable!

The leaves are falling here like crazy, but there are still a lot of them on the trees.  My husband mowed the lawn and mulched the leaves yesterday, but as soon as he was done it looked like it needed it again.  He can't keep up with the leaves at this point!

I felt like baking this week, and luckily one of my college granddaughters came home this weekend, so I baked her some cookies to take back to school with her.  Here is what's in my cookie jar this week (they are not gluten free, so no cookies for me!)




I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and oatmeal chocolate chippers.  They smelled good!  I haven't made cookies for awhile, I always forget how long it takes to do cookie sheet after cookie sheet.  I spent most of the afternoon baking them, but everyone is enjoying them and they won't last long around here!  I took my granddaughter a dozen of each, so she has some to share.

This cooler weather makes me more hungry, it seems.  Does that happen to you?  Maybe it's just me!  But I'm craving more casseroles and soups, so this week's menu has its share of them.  I tried to throw in a couple lighter meals so it's all not so heavy all week!  

Here is this week's menu plan.  Recipe links and notes follow.


Notes and Recipe Links:

SUNDAY:
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal is from Quaker Oats

Smoked Sausage and Potato Cheese Soup is from Modern Farmhouse Eats - I alter this recipe to make it gluten free and it still turns out very good.  I don't add any flour at all. I use 4 large potatoes, and I use extra creamy oat milk in place of the milk.  Then I use 8 oz. of Velveeta instead of the white cheddar.  Because I don't add any flour, it may be a bit thinner than hers, but it's still thicker than a brothy soup.

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is from Hersheyland

MONDAY:

Marry Me Chicken is from Little Sunny Kitchen

TUESDAY:

Baked Cod is from Yes to Yolks

Broccoli Cheddar Rice is from Highlands Ranch Foodie

Gluten Free Apple Cobbler is from Fearless Dining

WEDNESDAY:

Gluten Free Beef Noodle Soup is from my cookbook Stock The Crock by Phyllis Good - I just use gluten free noodles

Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Waffles are from Jessica Gavin

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is from My Gluten Free Kitchen

THURSDAY:

Gluten Free Sausage Gravy is from Self Proclaimed Foodie

Shrimp Fried Rice is from Crunchy Creamy Sweet

Arkansas Possum Pie is from No Dash of Gluten - it looks like a regular pie crust in her recipe, but I use a frozen pie shell from Maine Woods that I buy at Meijer

FRIDAY:

Potsticker Noodle Bowls are from Iowa Girl Eats

Gluten Free Cranberry Shortbread Bars are from Fearless Dining

SATURDAY:

Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole is from Gluten Free Palate

Chicken Divan is from Spend With Pennies - I use gluten free cream of mushroom soup and gluten free panko bread crumbs, both of which I buy at Wal Mart

That wraps up another week in October - next week November starts!  Yikes!
Have a wonderful week, and I hope you enjoy all your meals with friends and family!  Take care!

7 comments:

  1. This looks like some great meals - I'm moving in! LOL - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you! :) Thanks for the nice comment, and I hope you have a wonderful week, too! So far, we're off to a great start!

      Delete
  2. Your cookies look yummy and I bet they were loved by your granddaughter. I have great hopes to send my son a little care package each month while he's away at college... so I've been stocking up ideas. That soup sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Our names are exactly the same, by the way. For some reason, everyone calls me Joansy, but my name is really Joanne. These cookies have gotten the best reviews from EVERYONE who has eaten them! I will post links for the recipes. My granddaughter even put in a request for more! The soup from Sunday was a big hit! Loved it! Have a great week, and thanks so much for your nice comment! And I'm sure your son will appreciate those care packages! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you all for your lovely comments this week! For some reason, your comments are not showing up here on my blog, but are coming to me as emails. I tried to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I'll keep working on it, but just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be as organized. Seems 100 years ago when I was a divorced mom with 3 little boys I was more organized than I am now. I think retirement does that to some people. Anyway, your posts encourage me...still haven't done anything but nevertheless, they do encourage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, if I don't plan ahead, my whole week slips by and I get nothing done. The older I get, the lazier I get! Some days I have to make myself stick to my routine. I think it keeps me going! I'm sure you do what works for you - it sounds like you need a break after raising 3 boys on your own! It makes me tired just thinking about it! I hope you visit often and keep me posted on how you're doing.

      Delete