Sunday, January 7, 2024

Weekly Menu Plan 1--7 to 1-13, 2024

 

Hi there!  I know, I know, we're done with New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but I took a little break in there and stayed away from my computer and all things cooking and baking.  So, before I get to my menu plan, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!

Before Christmas, I baked and baked and cooked and cooked so much, that by the day after Christmas, I was so tired of food that I didn't even want to go in the kitchen.  I needed a break.  So we have been eating out a lot, munching on lots of leftovers either here or at my daughter's house, and snacking all day.  Or winging it.  Not good habits!  But a much needed break for me from cooking and menu planning.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!  We sure did.  But I am ready now to get back into my routine and settle down for a few months of winter.  I have lots of sewing projects planned, and I'm ready to head back into the kitchen for some healthier home-cooked meals.

One thing I decided during my 'vacation' from cooking, was that I'm going to try and eat more leftovers instead of cooking something new every night.  I give an awful lot of food away to family and friends, and it does get pretty expensive.  I have a very hard time cooking for two!  So instead of trying to change that, which is impossible for me, we are going to start eating leftovers for dinner.  Neither one of us eats very much at lunchtime, and it seemed like I had a ton of food to give away every week.  So I'm cutting down there, and hoping we save some money on the old food budget!  Luckily, my husband doesn't mind leftovers - as long as he liked it the first time!  And he likes most everything!  :)

So here is my plan for the week.  As always, links and notes for the recipes are below.  Also, I'm starting to go back to my cookbooks, so if a recipe doesn't have a link, it probably came from a cookbook.  I'll have to try and post the recipe after I make it, so you can have those recipes, too.


Sunday:


Monday:

Crustless Spinach Quiche - Taste of Home - I am leaving out the mushrooms

Tuesday:

Sausage and Egg Casserole - Taste of Home - I am using gluten free bread

Gluten Free Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup - Spending With Pennies - I will add a cup or so of gluten free elbow macaroni to this soup

Gluten Free Bread - King Arthur Baking - I am going to try and bake more bread this year


Thursday:


Crockpot Chicken and Rice - The Cookie Rookie - to make it gluten free, I will use gluten free Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken soups from Wal-Mart

Friday:


Saturday:




So that takes care of this week!  And next week we will be halfway through the coldest month of the year!  At least I hope it's the coldest month!  I'm ready for spring as soon as it turns January 1st.  

Have a great week, and I hope you have some fun, yummy meals with your family!  Take care!

4 comments:

  1. Your menus look good. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I'm glad you stopped by. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Joansy, I appreciate you sharing your menu. I'm always looking for menu ideas. This will come in handy.
    Visiting today from #TTMT #11&12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Paula! I hope to see you again soon!

      Delete