Sunday, April 28, 2024

Weekly Menu Plan April 28 - May 4, 2024

 

Hi there!  It's almost May, and those April showers sure did bring out those May flowers!  My lilacs are blooming, I have a horse chestnut tree that has beautiful white cone-shaped flowers on it, tulips are up, and magnolias have bloomed.  So beautiful!  I sat outside on my porch swing yesterday, and actually got a little sunburn!  My bluebirds are hatching their eggs, I think, as mama just sticks her head out of the birdhouse now and then.  Papa is busy bringing takeout for her.  

I hope you're enjoying beautiful weather where you live, because I'm sure enjoying it here.

I have another busy week of tennis ahead.  Three matches three days in a row, then more practices.  I don't know how these kids do it!  The two college girls are finished for the summer, and the youngest one has 4 more weeks and she'll be on summer break.  We are all planning some vacation time together, but most of the youngest one's summer is tennis and marching band.  The oldest girls work all summer, so everyone keeps very busy, including me!

Last week's hit and misses:

I was lukewarm on the chicken pizza crust.  To be fair, I think I overbaked it.  It wasn't bad, it wasn't good.  It was just okay.  I might try it again with a few tweaks.  My husband didn't know it was a chicken crust, he thought it was just regular crust.  It doesn't taste chicken-y.  It was great, though, if you're looking for a low carb pizza crust.  It definitely works, I just didn't think it was great.

My winner of the week was the Chopped Salad with Pasta.  I used gluten free elbow mac and tuna.  It was so good!  The dressing was just yummy!  I didn't want to use hot sauce, like the recipe called for, because I enjoy having a stomach lining.  So, I squirted in some gluten free Japanese Barbecue Sauce I got at Jungle Jim's.  If you haven't been to Jungle Jim's grocery store, you are missing out on the ultimate shopping experience.  We usually go there once or twice a year, because it's in Ohio.  And it takes the entire day to get through the store.  But SO WORTH IT!  It is huge!  They have a really good gluten free section, and they have EVERYTHING you could ever want and more.  Check it out online if you haven't been there.  But in person is the way to shop there, you can't believe how much they carry!  If you can't find it there, you can't find it anywhere.  Anyway, the salad was SUPER DELICIOUS and I will make it again soon.

Here is this week's menu plan.  Links and notes are below.  If the recipe is not written for gluten free, I just sub gluten free items for the regular.


Sunday:

Gluten Free Carrot Cake

Monday:

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Tuesday:

Gluten Free Pancakes

Portillos Chopped Salad

Gluten Free Apple Crisp

Wednesday:

Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins

Gluten Free Chicken Fajitas

Thursday:

Gluten Free French Toast

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad (use gluten free pasta)

Friday:

Italian Sausage and Peppers

Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake

Saturday:

Baked Western Omelet


And that's it for the coming week!  Have a beautiful week, and enjoy some good meals with your friends and family!  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete