Sunday, December 31, 2017

Glazed Lemon Cake

The Glazed Lemon Cake I made for dessert tonight is actually called Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake.

I decided to make it gluten free, since I have to eat gluten free and I felt like a special treat on New Year's Eve.  Sometimes I just make desserts for everyone else, since I am the only gluten free eater in our family.  Then I just do without, or eat something different.  But sometimes I tweak the recipe so I can eat it too!

The only changes I made were I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour, and I added one more egg.  The rest of the recipe was followed as written.

The batter was like silk:
  It turned out of the pan beautifully:
And then I frosted it:
It turned out great!  Everyone enjoyed it, including all the gluten eaters!  I really like it when everyone can eat it and it tastes delicious!  This cake has a light lemon flavor, and is very moist without being gummy (like sometimes happens with gluten free baked goods).  I will definitely make this again!










No comments:

Post a Comment