Thursday, September 13, 2018

This and That Zippered Pouch

I made another zippered pouch.
I cannot quit making pouches.  I love them!  I used (loosely) a pattern called This and That from No. 2 Abbey Lane.  I LOVE this pattern, and the next one I make is going to be following their directions!

I messed up on this pouch from the get-go.  The original pattern is more of a patchwork effect, but I liked the texted fabric so much I didn't want to cut it into small pieces.  So I altered the size and the blocks.  When I cut out the pieces, I cut the wrong sizes twice! Then, the pattern came with the flocked letters 'This & That', but after I put the black strip in the middle I realized the letters wouldn't show up.  So I had to go buy iron ons.  When I ironed the letters on, they took up the entire space across the front, so I only had a little seam allowance left or I would sew over the last T in THAT.

But, after all those mess-ups, I still wound up with a really cute pouch!  I like it!

I made this one for my youngest granddaughter's teacher.  Just a little back to school gift!  Gotta love those teachers!!  After I made it, we stuffed it with all kinds of goodies - little soaps, lotion, Burt's Bees lip gloss, pens, a small can of Lysol spray, wet wipes, Tylenol, and a bunch of snack size candy bars!

We sure hope she likes it!  I love the little pencil charm on the zipper pull!

Now off to start another pouch!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I am so glad you like it! I love making bags and pouches, they are my favorite things to make right now.

      Delete
  2. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. mattress cover for moving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. best jute bags

    ReplyDelete