Sunday, December 23, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of December 23 to 29, 2018


The big day is almost here!  

Cookies for Santa ✔
Gifts wrapped ✔
Christmas movies watched ✔
House all decorated ✔

That is my fantasy list. 🤶 
In reality, I am still baking and wrapping, and haven't sat down to watch It's A Wonderful Life yet.
But I can dream, can't I? 

This week, I host Christmas Eve Brunch for my family.  I will have to post that menu later, because it's downstairs and I'm in a hurry!  Basically, we are having a baked hash brown and egg casserole, baked ham, regular and sugared bacon, cinnamon rolls, eggnog bread, a spinach and cheese strata, fruit salad, and an assortment of cookies and cakes.  That's why I'm in a hurry!

Christmas Day we go to our daughter's house for dinner, and I am not sure what she is making this year.  It will be yummy, I'm sure, but the best part of the day is spending it with family!

This week's menu is easy, because I am a bit worn out!  I need a long winter's nap after Christmas to regroup!

Here is this week's menu:
For a printable copy of the menu, please click HERE.
Recipe links are below.


Sunday:
Easy Chicken A la King is from Genius Kitchen 

Monday:
Black Forest Poke Cake is from Beyond Frosting  - I made this once before and it was a HUGE hit

Thursday:
Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast is from The Country Cook - have made this many times and love it!
New York Cheesecake is from Art in the Kitchen 

Saturday:
Hand and Swiss Sliders are from Cincy Shopper 
Cherry Pie is from Genius Kitchen 


That's it for this coming Christmas week! 
I wish you all the most blessed, loving, and sweet Christmas of all!  
Merry Christmas!!




2 comments:

  1. Sugared bacon? Now that sounds very interesting. Enjoy your Christmas celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! The sugared bacon is one of my granddaughter's favorites! So easy! I bake the bacon on a rack, and before I put it in the oven I sprinkle it liberally with brown sugar (probably about a tablespoon per slice) and then lightly sprinkle pepper on each slice. Bake it about 35 minutes or so, until it's done the way you like it. I put the rack on a large foil-lined cookie sheet, so clean-up is minimal. It turns out really good - sweet and peppery with the bacon flavor is yummy.

    ReplyDelete