Saturday, March 30, 2019

April Cleaning Schedule

I love a clean house, don't you?  Unfortunately, mine is never as clean as I'd like, but hey, we live here!

I don't like to spend all day cleaning and cooking, because there are other things I want to do, too.  So each month, I make a cleaning schedule and try to stick to it as best as I can.  Sometimes I miss a day...or two...or three.  But that's okay, because I will get back to it eventually.

On my list, I have the chores I do daily as well as the day's special room to clean.  When I clean a room, it is usually dusting, straightening, vacuuming, and any other chores that need done. For bathrooms, I clean sinks, tubs, and toilets, wash throw rugs, and mop the floors.  I try to spend no more than an hour on the daily room I clean.  Sometimes I go over, but most of the time an hour is plenty of time for me to finish.  My daily chores take me about 20-30 minutes, and my daily room cleaning takes about an hour.  So that is about 1-1/2 hours of dedicated cleaning each day.  That doesn't include dishes or laundry, but I usually do dishes as I cook so there never are dishes piled in the sink.

Here is what my April cleaning schedule looks like:
For a printable copy, click HERE.

I like to simplify!  So, looking at the chart, the things on the left are done just about daily.  The list on the right coincides with the date.  So on April 1st, I clean the Guest Room.  April 2nd, my sewing room....and so on down the list.

Pretty easy, and this schedule gives me plenty of time to do other things I like to do during the day!  I didn't know if anyone reading this was looking for a cleaning schedule, but for me a schedule helps me stay on task.

With April just about here, I can't wait to open the windows and get some spring cleaning done!  Happy Cleaning!


3 comments:

  1. This is such an orderly and efficient approach. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! Thanks for the nice comment! It works for me, and helps me keep the house clean without overwhelming me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. top 10 floating coolers

    ReplyDelete