Sunday, October 18, 2020

Menu Plan for Week of 10-18 to 10-24, 2020

 


Good morning!  

It was close to freezing yesterday morning, but today is much better!  I can definitely feel fall in the air.
My husband has raked up leaves big time this week.  I was thinking that most of the leaves were down, but after a couple days it looks about the same as before he raked.

These fall days just make me want to bake, and sew, and nap!  Nothing better than curling up in a big, soft chair with a warm blanket and snooze away!  I put an autumn scent in my scent warmer yesterday, and my daughter came over and was looking for whatever I baked!  She said it smelled like I baked something yummy! She was a bit disappointed there were no goodies for her to sample!

Today I am baking a ham.  I had one in the freezer, and I figure I better start using up some of my freezer stuff so I can restock it for Thanksgiving and Christmas!  So for a couple days, we will be eating ham in different forms.  I have learned over the years that if I jazz up leftovers, they will get eaten with much less complaining!  So I am trying to get a little creative using up the ham on Monday and Tuesday!  I should be close to using it all up, since I will reserve a couple pieces to make ham sandwiches for lunch.

This week's menu has a couple new-to-me recipes, and I can't wait to try them!  Especially the Banana Crumble on Saturday!  It looks great, and sounds delicious!  I will use gluten free oats so I can eat it too!

Here is this week's menu:


Again, you should be able to click on the links to find the recipes.  I have a mix of gluten free and non-gluten free again, mostly because that is just how I am baking these days!  
I have a few new recipes tagged for trying out one of these days, when I just have a day with nothing else planned!  Right now I am enjoying pumpkin recipes.  I have heard all over the place that there is a shortage of canned pumpkin in the stores, but not where I shop!  I am having no trouble finding cans of pumpkin anywhere.  Aldi's has them, Meijer and Kroger have them, and I just saw cans of pumpkin at Wal Mart.  So unless it's a regional thing, I think we will have plenty of canned pumpkin!

Have a great week, and I hope you can find a couple recipes or a menu plan to use for your family this week!  I am planning on getting some sewing and baking done this week, and some cleaning out of cabinets!  See you next week!  


5 comments:

  1. I didn't have any problem finding canned pumpkin either. I only had organic to pick from but that's Ok. Your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Joanne! I hope you come back often!

      Delete
  2. Bake, sew, and nap sounds like a great combination to me! Thanks for sharing all these great meal ideas. I'm visiting today from the Over the Moon link up. Have a great week Joansy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marielle! I am so glad you stopped by to visit. I hope you come back often...I will be posting my weekly menus every Sunday! Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Marilyn! I will definitely be back next week, and will be back before that! I already found several recipes and a craft link! Thanks for letting me share at your party!

    ReplyDelete