Sunday, November 1, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan Nov. 1-6, 2020

 

Hello, friends!  How are you all doing this week?  Did you all have a fun Halloween?  We did!  It was trick or treating as normal here, and the kids were all out in full force having a ball!  We really enjoyed seeing people out and having fun.  I am looking forward to more of these fun holidays!

The weather here this week is going to be great!  Today it is very blustery and cold, but in two days we are headed back to the 60's and 70's for the week.  I will be taking some nice walks with that kind of weather!

I have a busy week of baking this week, so dinner menus are quick and easy to throw together.  My daughter needs several goodies baked for her school staff for Friday, and I love to bake for them.  They are having a breakfast, and I will be making several different kinds of scones for a sweet treat.  Last year I made chocolate chip scones for them, and they requested scones for the rest of the year!  So hopefully they will all enjoy them.

As usual, I alter some of the recipes that I've linked to, to make them gluten free.  I also am becoming more and more sensitive to dairy, so I usually sub almond or coconut milk for regular dairy milk.  Most of the time my little tweaks work just fine, and no one notices...(or they just don't care anymore!)  Here are some of the tweaks I will make with this week's recipes:

Sunday - I will use rice instead of pasta in the soup, and gluten free meatballs

Monday - I will use gluten free oats in the baked oatmeal, as well as almond milk

The rest of the week is most of the recipes are gluten free, except the desserts.   I am making regular desserts this week, because I am trying to cut back on them.  So if I make them with gluten, I can't eat them!  I keep some gluten free cookies and dairy free ice cream bars in the house, so if I absolutely have to have something sweet, I can have a cookie or an ice cream bar.  I find at this time of year, a cup of hot tea after dinner with a cookie just hits the spot!

I am finishing up a couple Halloween zipper pouches I wanted to give away at Halloween, but never finished them.  So this week I will try and get them done, and put them away for next year.  Then I am ready to start some Christmas sewing!  

Here is this week's menu plan:


<

I hope you can find a couple meal ideas or recipes for your family!  Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. I love getting meal ideas. That first soup sounds good! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting today from the Over the Moon link up. Have a great week Joansy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marielle! Thanks for visiting! The soup was delicious, and it made enough for a couple lunches this week. Have a great week, and hope to see you again!

      Delete