Sunday, January 15, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 1-15 to 1-21, 2023

 


Here we go again!  For me, last week didn't go as planned.  Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all taken up by plumbers and baby-sitting.  Saturday was my anniversary, 45 years!, and we went to breakfast and then shopped for almost the entire day.  So cooking was not what I accomplished!  Most of the week was throwing something together quickly, like canned soup and a sandwich.  But that's how some weeks go, right?  I'm hoping everyone stays healthy now and this week is more routine.  I don't know how anyone who is retired says they are bored!  I don't have time to be bored!  I'm busier now than when I worked!

I hesitate to make my menu plan too difficult for this week.  I hate buying everything I need to follow it, and then wind up not using it.  I am really going to work on cleaning out my freezer this year.  I have no idea what's at the bottom!  It will be a surprise as I work my way down there.  But I have got to get that done this year.  I should look at it as a challenge, but I dread it.  I'll try to be more optimistic!

Before I share my menu plan, I want to share what I've been reading.  The first book I read this year was Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. 



My opinion was that it was good, not great, but good.  The characters and some of the events in the story were underdeveloped to me, and some of it just seemed very stereotyped.  But, like I said, I thought it was okay.  I think I would have liked it more 40 or 50 years ago, when I was younger.  I would have been more impressed with it then.

But then I started this book:


I am halfway through this book, and I LOVE IT so far!  Each chapter has been so good, and the story just pulls me in.  If the second half is as good as the first half, we have a winner!  At least, in my opinion!

What are y'all reading?  I'd love to know!

Here is my menu plan for this week.  I hope I can stick to it this week!


I hope you all have a great week, and can find some ideas here!  I will try to share some recipes this week, I know I am far behind!  Take care and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment