Sunday, December 10, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 12-10 to 12-16, 2023

 



Good morning!  I hope you are all doing great this morning.  Despite the incredibly warm December we are having here, it's cold and blustery this morning.  No worries, though, as it will be back up in the 50's by the end of the week.  It really doesn't feel like Christmas at all, when I look out my kitchen window and see bluebirds and robins in my backyard!  But I'm not complaining, I don't enjoy driving in the ice and snow we usually get this time of year.

As usual, I'm starting to get that panicky feeling I get mid-December.  I've still got a lot of shopping to do, a lot of baking to do, and a lot of sewing to do.  Not to mention we're still putting up Christmas decorations.  I think I've finally hit the age where next year is going to look a lot different.  All this running around is making us too tired to enjoy the season.  I think next year there will be a lot less decorating and a lot less shopping.  Baking and sewing, though, that's my high point of the season!  I'm not ready to give that up just yet.  :)  

Last week, I was so busy, I think I skipped two days on my menu plan.  I'll be lucky if I can stick to my menu plan this week, but I'm going to give it the old college try.  I have high hopes!  Our plan is to finish decorating today, finish shopping by Friday, and the rest of the week we'll get done whatever we can.  I always host Christmas Eve brunch for my family, and I have that almost all planned.  I just need to grocery shop for it, but I've done it for so many years it seems pretty easy.  
Here is this week's menu plan.  Notes and recipe links are below.  Some of these recipes are not gluten free, so check below to see how I adapt them so I can eat them too!


Sunday:

Gluten Free French Toast is from Gluten Free Palate

Crockpot Swedish Meatballs are from The Country Cook

Gluten Free Key Lime Pie is from Gluten Free Palate

Monday:

Egg Roll Ramen Skillet is from 12 Tomatoes - make sure your soy sauce is gluten free, and I'm using gluten free ramen noodles I got at Aldi's awhile ago.  They don't always carry them, but I used to get a big package of gluten free Ramen noodles at Costco.  You could check there.

Tuesday:

Gluten Free Pancakes are from Gluten Free Baking

Roast Beef is from Valerie's Kitchen

Gluten Free Gingerbread Bars are from Frugal Farm Wife

Wednesday:

Crockpot Western Omelet is from Taste of Home - I baked it instead

Cole Slaw is from Spend With Pennies

Thursday:

Gluten Free Taco Pasta Bake is from Small Farm Big Life


Friday:

Sausage and Rice Casserole is from Well Plated

Saturday:

Gluten Free Sausage Gravy is from Self Proclaimed Foodie

Gingerbread Magic Cookie Bars are from The Kitchen Is My Playground - I am using gluten free gingersnap crumbs from gingersnap cookies I buy at Wal Mart


Sitting down to a nice meal is especially important during the holidays, so you can relax and refresh while chatting with your family.  That's why I'm going to try and stick to my menu plan this week!  Sometimes you have to make a concerted effort to stop and smell the roses, right?  It will all get done, it always does, and what doesn't get done doesn't really matter.  What matters is that family that's gathered around your table, and how you bless them every day by loving them and caring for them!

And there's always next year.  

And January.  When you can finally sit down with no pressure on you, and just enjoy that cup of hot chocolate.  ☕

Have a great week, y'all!  Hang in there!


4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Joansy. Time is running away with us, and however I try to downsize and make things easier, it does not work.
    I love all these GF recipes. I am going to pin this as I'm always hunting for tried and tested GF recipes.
    I visited you via What’s for Dinner? Sunday Link up #449
    I linked up this week with = 22+23. I hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find it under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found some recipes you can use! Thanks so much for visiting! I will try and find the M-S Senior Salon Pit Stop. It sounds like it's right up my alley! I hope you come back soon, and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I'm coming over for dinner Wednesday night!! Love your menu - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't that be fun! I wish you could! We should plan a virtual dinner party! Wouldn't that be fun?? I'm so glad you came back to visit - it's so nice making new friends this way. Have a wonderful week, Helen!

      Delete