Sunday, January 28, 2024

Weekly Menu Plan January 28-February 3, 2024

 

It's almost that time again - Groundhog Day this week!  I hope he comes out and stays out, because I think we're all ready for some signs of spring.  Just a little glimmer of hope.  That's all I need.  It has been a cold rain here for maybe years, I don't know anymore, it's just gray and damp and chilly and yukky.  Maybe I moved to London and someone forgot to tell me.  But I'm ready for February!  So long, January!  See ya!

I had a busy week last week, how about you?  I have lots to do this week, too, and I'm trying to catch up with my house cleaning.  I think we have almost all the Christmas stuff put away, but I still need to bring out some Valentine's Day decorations.  Just a couple, nothing like Christmas.  After packing up Christmas this year, I told my husband I'm ready to give it all away and just put a fireplace screensaver on the TV and call it a day.  He just laughed.  But really, it sounds good right now.  I love getting it all out, but what on earth happens when you put it all away??  I can't find the same boxes, nothing fits in the boxes I think they came out of, and why do we have 27 snowmen??  And do we really need Christmas stuff in the BATHROOM???  Every room I go in, there's more stuff.  It's like hunting for Easter eggs!  Where did I put that Christmas candy jar?  And the 78 candle holders that are everywhere, even though I don't put any candles in them.  Really, do I need a Santa cookie jar that has never held a cookie in its life?  It seems like, at some point in my life, I lost total control.  I need a Christmas rehab facility.

But I digress.  Here I am, planning another week of breakfasts and dinners, at the END of January already!  One month into 2024 and I feel like I need to be more productive!   Where did this month go already?  It seemed long at the time, but hindsight....it flew by!

So here it is - this week's menu plan!  I did my grocery shopping for this week already, so all I have to do is start cooking!  Here's what's on the menu for the week:

Sunday:

Breakfast:  Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Patties, English Muffin, Banana

Dinner:  Hamburger Vegetable Soup (I throw in some gluten free elbow mac), Crackers

Dessert:  Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream

Monday:

Breakfast:  Gluten Free Breakfast Burritos, Sliced Oranges

Dinner:  Leftover soup from yesterday, Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Dessert: Gluten Free Orange Cake

Tuesday:

Breakfast:  Protein Waffles (freeze leftovers for Friday)  (we really like these!), Turkey Bacon, Apple Slices

Dinner:  Polish Casserole (I use gluten free egg noodles from Jovial Foods - Wal Mart carries them)

Gluten Free 7-Up Biscuits - I always use almost a whole can of 7-Up when I make these

Dessert:  Leftover Cake from yesterday

Wednesday:

Breakfast:  Gluten Free Frittata, Toast, Mandarin Oranges

Dinner:  Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps, Charleston Red Rice, Broccoli

Dessert:  Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie

Thursday

 (This is a No Cooking Day for me!)

Breakfast:  Leftover Frittata

Dinner:  Leftover Chicken Salad Wraps or Polish Casserole

Dessert:  Leftover Chocolate Cream Pie or Orange Cake  

Friday:

Breakfast:  Leftover Protein Waffles from Tuesday 

Dinner:  Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken, Gluten Free Pasta, Tossed Salad

Dessert:  Gluten Free Brownies, Vanilla Ice Cream

Saturday:

Breakfast:  Oatmeal, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana

Dinner:  Big Mac Sloppy Joes (use gluten free hamburger buns), French Fries, Corn

Dinner:  Leftover Brownies and Ice Cream


Happy February!  I hope you all have a great week, and that the old groundhog comes out and says EARLY SPRING!!  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am ready for some signs of spring! We had more snow/rain mix today and it's been so darn cold out. We also have hamburger/vegetable soup on our menu this week! I try to make some sort of soup once a week all winter long in the hopes that we'll have leftovers (but we never seem to have leftovers for dinner since my family eats them for breakfast and lunch instead!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! 😂. I love hamburger vegetable soup, and we always have leftovers because there’s just the 2 of us now. I can’t make a small pot of soup!
      I hope the weather improves soon where you are, and here too. Luckily February is right around the corner! Have a great week, and enjoy your soup! 🍲

      Delete