Sunday, April 7, 2024

weekly Menu Plan 4-7 to 4-13, 2024

 

I love spring!  I know tomorrow is all about the eclipse, especially here in Indiana, but I'm enjoying the warmer temps.  The past few days were CHILLY, but today I can sit outside on my porch swing without a jacket, and I can listen to the birds chirping and watch my bluebirds building their nest inside the birdhouse.  

I missed a couple weeks posting, I don't know what I do but I always seem busy.  Then, when I look back at the past couple weeks, I can't think of what I was doing that I was so busy!  But at the time it seemed like I was!  My youngest granddaughter was on spring break for 2 weeks, and I'm her source of rides and entertainment while she's off.  So that kept me busy, definitely!  We had a lot of fun, and I'm ready for a good long nap or two.  Hopefully this week I'll find time to do just that!

I baked several kinds of cookies the past two weeks, most of them were yummy.  I'm ready for a break from cookies, though, so this week it's pies and bar cookies.  At least bar cookies don't take so long to bake!  

On this week's menu plan, I forgot to label a couple of them gluten free.  But they're all gluten free, and most everything I make anymore is gluten free.  It's just too hard baking separate meals for my husband, and he's fine with whatever I serve him.  I'm lucky there!

Here is my week's worth of cooking this week.  Links and notes are below:


Sunday:




Monday:


Tuesday:

Beef Vegetable Soup - gluten free


Wednesday:


Crispy BBQ Chicken - gluten free

Gluten Free Lemon Bars - I actually found a gluten free mix from Krusteaz at my Meijer store.  I bought one and may just use the mix and try it.  It depends how much energy I have on Wednesday!

Thursday:




Friday:


Saturday:




That ought to do it for this week!  Tennis season has begun for the youngest granddaughter, and I'm all set to go to as many matches as I can - both in and out of town.  I will try not to miss any, because I love watching these kids play.  It's so much fun as a grandparent to see your grandkids evolve into such wonderful young adults!  And this team has a lot of talent - it amazes me!  I just love it!

Have a wonderful week, enjoy the eclipse if you're in a prime viewing area, and be sure to use those glasses if you're going to watch it.  I'll play it safe and watch it on TV, because honestly it scares me to death to look at it.  I guess the older I get, the more cautious I become!

See you next week with another meal plan!  God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. I love this meal plan. I will try a few of the recipes for my family this week. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so sweet of you to comment, Kristen! I hope you come back often! Have a great week!

      Delete